Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Gut Instinct


Okay, I relented. My family was concerned about not having internet. I was considering the campaign of the usb modem for wireless broadband. That option was about to run out.  I tried to call the Madinat Zayed outlet that I had been to, to see if they actually had any of the units and the status of my application. Got no reply. So I ventured over to the headoffice.  Things seemed to go reasonably well. I found a car park a short walk away. The surveyor looked at the site map I had and seemed to be able to determine the location to his satisfaction. The queue for the transfer was not too long and I was soon being dealt with. It was confirmed that I couldn’t keep the number but I got offered a pretty good one as an alternative. He was also convinced that it should only take 3~4 day and therefore I didn’t need to put the services on hold and go for the wireless alternative. My area was not in the process of upgrading to fibre optic cable and that meant there should be no delays.   So I have to confess that Etisalat HO had worked out contrary to my expectations. But what was my reason for not wanting to go there? I found that out again quickly when a returned to my car to find that someone had smashed the wing mirror off. Bing, I didn’t want to go near the place because of the parking!!! The repair of this is another story in itself but it only needs to be noted here that it cost just on 1,000drh.  I would have been better off getting the usb modem from an outlet, it would have been cheaper… Lesson, next time stick to gut instincts.

No comments:

Post a Comment